In order to make Pinterest more useful for Businesses, Pinterest launched its newest feature Pinterest for Business. Pinterest is the one of the fastest growing social media platforms available, so the transition makes sense as Pinterest continues its outreach.
According to Pinterest product manager Cat Lee, “Signing up on our business site allows you to specify your business name (instead of first name and last name) and go through an optimized new user flow…”
Now Brands can leverage the site in four ways:
- Tell their Story. After creating an account, or converting an existing one, brands can verify their account (like the verified accounts seen on Twitter) and begin making boards. Doing so engages users in a visual way.
- Build a Community. Since this is a social media platform a key component is building your followers and interacting with your users. Pinterest has collaborative boards and group pinning opportunities. Many businesses have already taken the opportunity to host competitions on the best boards.
- Send Traffic your way. Including the ‘Pin It” share button on your website site, and all social media sites, is an effective way to encourage users to engage with your product. Here’s the link for the button if you haven’t added it to your site, blog and social pages.
- Learn and Grow. Probably Pinterest’s original mission when creating the site — learn and grow gives users the opportunity to search and learn information, actions and news they may have otherwise not known. Think of it as a way to learn from others who are better at something, taking their knowledge and applying it. Click here to learn more tools to take advantage of while using Pinterest.
Do you plan on converting your Pinterest account to Pinterest for Business?
Latest posts by Brian Sutter (see all)
- Managing Inventory in Excel can Result in Disaster - December 10, 2013
- Why Should I Invest in Asset Management Software to Track Fixed Assets? - October 22, 2013
- Is your small business prepared for the end of the year? - October 15, 2013